Wednesday 18 November 2015

D. My Career Path

Here is a video of my presentation about my future career path in the film industry. I thought about everything that I had learnt about over the course, as well as what I would find most enjoyable and workable.

Above is my initial plan. It is very messy and convoluted, with arrows and ideas all over the place. For my presentation, I focused only on the film/TV side of things, as that is the path I am most likely to take.

The first thing on my plan is finish sixth form. Depending on what I enjoy the most, and what I get the best grades in, I will either go into acting or film production. In terms of film-making, I am still not sure what area, although I am thinking about going into production design or directing, as these are two areas that I enjoy a lot. There is an arrow between acting and directing because I may switch between the two areas, or jump from one to the other. In terms of how I will get there, I am still unsure which path is right for me. University/college would be a good bridge between school and the real world, and it would give me a chance to further my skills and meet new people. However, it is very expensive, and I am not sure that it is actually worth it, as skill is more important than degrees in the industry. Going straight into the industry would mean that I would be gaining invaluable experience and meeting new people, but it may be difficult to jump straight from school into the real world. I am also thinking about apprenticeships, or a similar program that would allow me to learn new skills whilst earning money. However, these are rare, and incredibly competitive, so I wonder whether it would actually be feasible. At the same time, I may decide that film/TV simply isn't for me, and that I would be better off doing something else, like psychology or teaching. Basically, I don't really know what I am going to do, and I am unsure what the right path and job is for me.

My Presentation:

No comments:

Post a Comment